Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Scragly Lake

I spent six weeks of this summer up in Maine, and my step-dad took me camping! We went up to Scragly Lake, which is a little bit north of Baxter State Park. It was awesome! We ended up camping not directly on Scragly Lake, but on Green Pond (on the other side of the tote road). It was wonderful. An entire large pond to ourselves without so much as hearing another human being. :) I loved it.

We were there for a few days, and the first evening we kayaked around Green Pond until dusk rolled in. The following day we kayaked about half of Scragly Lake, it took about three and a half hours. It was so beautiful up there, I didn't want to leave. But alas, like all vacations, it had to come to an end.

I did however, take some pictures (of course) and here's a couple of them...


















No comments: