Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Forgotten Soldier"

I was looking through my old notebooks of poetry and other random musings, and came across this poem that I wrote eons ago after having a rather disturbing dream... and seeing as this is me we're talking about, and I should be sleeping, but sleep is eluding me... I decided to post my poem on here. (Keep in mind, it was written quite a while ago, and I haven't edited it...)


"Forgotten Soldier"
Last night I had a dream
that a soldier came to me
a knight in camo armor
is what he was to me
His face was fair
but his eyes were pained
as he turned and said to me
They don't know who we are
They don't know where we've been
They don't care anymore
And yet, and yet
We've fought for them
We've cried for them
We've lived, and bled, and died for them
They don't care who we are
They don't care where we've been
They don't care how much we hurt
All the horrors that we've seen
They don't care anymore
And yet,
Still we fight for them
Still we cry for them
Still we live, and bleed, and die for them
We are America's soldiers...
and we will fight for her,
and we will cry for her,
and we will live, and bleed, and die for her...

No comments: